Inspired by BrightFocus President and CEO Stacy Pagos Haller’s own heritage, this baked Greek-style fish recipe is easy to make, healthy, and a great way to add vibrant Mediterranean flavors to your table.
1.5 lb. haddock (preferred)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 onion, diced (optional)
1 large carrot, sliced
10-12 ounces stewed tomatoes
1 ½ celery stalks, sliced
1 tablespoon of fresh Italian or flat parsley
1 green pepper, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wipe the fish with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan and sauté green peppers, celery, carrots, and onion until soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes and parsley to pan with other vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange fish in baking dish and completely cover with cooked vegetables.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Leftovers can be refrigerated and are incredibly delicious the next day!