BrightFocus Foundation is a premier source of private research funding to defeat Alzheimer’s, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. Through investing in an ongoing research portfolio of more than 220 awards, we are working toward cures for the medical conditions we all fear most: loss of mind and loss of sight. Our public awareness efforts share the latest research findings and best practices with families impacted by these diseases.
Our talented, dedicated team brings together a wide range of talents and disciplines to advance our mission of ending diseases of mind and sight. We hope you will consider joining us at BrightFocus.
Join our Team
- Digital Projects Coordinator
Department: Public Affairs
Position Title: Digital Projects Coordinator
Supervisor: Digital Director, Public Affairs
Date: October 7, 2020
The Digital Projects Coordinator plays an important role by providing support to the Digital Director and the entire BrightFocus team. The Digital Projects Coordinator helps manage administrative support of digital tasks as it relates to the website, email, social and video production to ensure the delivery of projects and milestones efficiently.
Duties, Responsibilities and Functions:
- Provide administrative support to the Digital Director on digital projects, including but not limited to scheduling and coordinating meetings supporting digital project deadlines/deliverables, and emailing internal/external communications.
- Performing administrative tasks to ensure the efficiency of digital communications and fundraising activities and processes.
- Ensure digital projects run smoothly by actively coordinating workflows, maintaining project schedules, monitoring assignments, evaluating project timelines, communicating new information, tracking project activities and reporting on project progress while handling issues as they arise.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to understand digital project objectives, requirements, scope, and deliverables and any adjustments to timelines, as needed.
- Understand team member workstyles and coordinate project tasks and deliverables accordingly, among all levels within BrightFocus with confidence and possess ownership of deadlines to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintain a quality control project tracking tool such as Trello, TeamUp Calendar, Microsoft Teams to effectively coordinate, monitor, and track team assignments, deliverables, deadlines, and other project-related activities.
- Serve as a point of contact when multiple individuals are assigned to the same digital project to ensure team actions remain in synergy.
- Serve as a “process champion,” by understanding and reinforcing processes among the team.
- Understand and adhere to the internal reporting structure and formal escalation process.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of project scope and particulars i.e. timeframes, financials, outcomes, processes, and flowcharts to effectively coordinate all team members, anticipate team needs, and keep the project on track and aligned with project goals.
- Evaluate and communicate potential project delays, problems, and/or technical issues and offer solutions.
- Review and prepare project correspondences, proposals, memos, meeting minutes and emails.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years administrative or related office experience.
- Project management (concept to delivery) or team coordination experience a plus.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently on projects.
- Nonprofit, digital experience a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail and masterful multi-tasking skills, in high pressure settings.
- Professional demeanor with respectful assertiveness towards all levels (internal/external).
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proofing and editing.
- Stellar interpersonal, customer services skills that maintain strong relationships.
- Strong analytical, follow through, and problem-solving abilities with minimal supervision.
- Agile and able to adapt to the constantly changing environment of the digital technologies. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
For Position Posting Only
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Projects Coordinator” in the Subject line for consideration. For a full position description, visit: http://www.brightfocus.org/careers.
ABOUT BRIGHTFOCUS FOUNDATION:
BrightFocus Foundation (BrightFocus) is at the forefront of brain and eye health by promoting awareness and driving innovative research worldwide to help eradicate diseases including Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. To learn more about BrightFocus, visit www.brightfocus.org.
BrightFocus is committed to the full utilization of all human resources and to a policy of equal opportunity. In accordance with applicable laws, it is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to any legally-protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.