Lemon Orzo Summer Salad
Dive into this lemon orzo salad, packed with cherry tomatoes that are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, and a range of antioxidants like alpha-lipoic acid, lycopene, folic acid, beta-carotene, and lutein. This salad is not only delicious but also promotes brain and eye health. Enjoy the refreshing flavors while giving your mind and eyes a boost!
- 1/2 cup cooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ pound of feta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, halved
- 1 cup canned or jarred and drained artichoke hearts
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook orzo.
- In a bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and add oil and lemon dressing. Mix thoroughly.
- Add cucumber, tomato, cilantro, olives, and artichokes.
- Refrigerate and let cool, then sprinkle with feta and add salt and pepper to taste.