This delicious dish is rich in the omega-3 fat DHA, vitamin C, vitamin E, folate, and zinc.
- 1½ cups milk or milk substitute
- 2/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate
- 1 Tbsp. chopped pecans (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk/milk substitute and cherries over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. When simmering, add oats. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until oats are cooked and liquid is absorbed approximately 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add orange juice concentrate and stir thoroughly. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with nuts if desired. TIP Maximize the vitamin C content by adding the orange juice at the very end, after cooking. This oatmeal is so sweet, you won’t even need sugar!
Don't miss out.
Receive breakthrough news, research updates, and inspiring stories.