BrightFocus Foundation is a presentation partner for Turning Point, a new award-winning documentary about scientists on the cusp of a breakthrough toward making Alzheimer’s disease a distant memory. Through our Alzheimer’s Disease Research program, BrightFocus supports bold, innovative scientific research worldwide to discover a cure for Alzheimer’s. We hope you'll join us.
Research is the only way to find a cure for Alzheimer’s. Please donate below, or text TPMOVIE to 50555 to give $10 straight from your mobile phone.*
Take Action Against Alzheimer's
1 in 2 Americans over the age of 85 develop Alzheimer's.
Although it can be difficult to diagnose Alzheimer’s disease, in an estimated 90 percent of cases, physicians can correctly diagnose the condition based on a:
- Recent history of mental and behavioral symptoms
- Physical exam and laboratory tests
- Neuropsychological test, if needed, to identify specific problems in mental function and behavior
Research is the ONLY way to find a cure for Alzheimer’s. Help fund bold, innovative projects that can change the trajectory of this heartbreaking disease.Donate
Find a Clinical Trial
Clinical trials need volunteers – both people living with a disease, and those who are not. Find out if there are open trials near you.Search Now
Take the #TurningPointPledge to commit to walking for at least 45 minutes at least 3 times a week, and invite your friends to do the same!Take the pledge
See Turning Point
If you are interested in bringing Turning Point to your community, you can request information about hosting a screening at http://bit.ly/tprequest.
Upcoming screenings of James Keach’s groundbreaking documentary:
- Leadership Montgomery in partnership with the BrightFocus Foundation
Wednesday, August 28
6:00pm - 8:30 pm
Cultural Arts Center,
7995 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Advanced Memory Research Institute of NJ
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Radisson Hotel Freehold
50 Gibson Place Freehold, NJ 07728
- The Cognitive Research Center of New Jersey
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Hilton Garden Inn, Springfield
304 Route 22 West
West Springfield, NJ 07081
- Clinical Trial Network
Frday, September 27, 2019
7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Crowne Plaza Hotel
8686 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054
Pre-film reception, screening, and panel discussion to follow film.
- Leading Age Conference
Monday, October 28
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Hilton San Diego Bayfront
1 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA 92101
For more information on events, please email Amanda Boddicker at email@example.com.
To learn more about this film, please visit turningpointmovie.com.
To request a screening, please visit http://bit.ly/tprequest.
You can also follow the documentary on Facebook for more news and screening dates.
About Us: Funding Breakthrough Science
BrightFocus Foundation is a premier source of private research funding to defeat Alzheimer's, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. We are currently managing a global portfolio of nearly 200 research projects, a $40 million investment in the bold, innovative science that will find the cures for diseases of mind and sight. We share the latest research findings and best practices to empower families impacted by these diseases.
Recent BrightFocus-sponsored findings in Alzheimer's disease have indicated that
- Alzheimer’s disease may spread by ‘jumping’ from one brain region to another.
- Cell energy dysfunction is present early in Alzheimer's, before memory loss.
- Specialized antibodies have about ten times the ability of a regular antibody to neutralize the toxic clustering of the misfolded Alzheimer's beta-amyloid protein.
With further research, each of these discoveries may contribute to the development of new treatments and preventions.
To learn more, please explore these articles and resources:
- What's new in the Alzheimer's treatment pipeline?
- What's the difference between dementia and Alzheimer's disease?
- Decreasing your risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Alzheimer's Disease Toolkit
The film was funded through a grant by Eli Lilly and Company to Volunteers of America. PCH Films retained full editorial control of all content and messaging in the film.
This content was last updated on: April 27, 2018