Prepare ahead in just 15 minutes and enjoy this salad with visual appeal, eye-healthy ingredients, and sweet and spicy tang. This quick and easy side completes a meal - deliciously!
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ medium carrot, grated
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup diced roasted red bell pepper, rinsed and drained if bottled
- 2 tablespoons plain rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ tablespoon olive oil (extra-virgin preferred)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together the broccoli, carrot, onion, and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients except for the Parmesan. Pour over the broccoli mixture. Stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Before serving, sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Don't miss out.
Receive breakthrough news, research updates, and inspiring stories.