The medication that you and your doctor decide is best for you will depend on a number of factors, including (but not limited to):
- Are you allergic or sensitive to any drugs or their ingredients?
- How effective is it, and does it stay effective over time?
- How quickly does it get results?
- Can it be combined with another medication, now or in the future, for increased effect?
- Will it impact other health conditions (blood pressure, or balance, for example)?
- Will it interact badly with any other medications you are taking?
- Is it convenient?
- What are the side effects, are they typically transient or long-lasting, and can you tolerate them?
- What is the risk of a serious adverse effect or reaction?
- Are you able to administer the medication correctly at home?
This content was last updated on: May 23, 2017