The right approach helps eyedrops work effectively and prevents waste.
- Face the ceiling when you begin. Lie down or tilt your head way back in a comfortable chair that supports your neck.
- Before tipping the bottle, brace your hand against your forehead to hold it steady for better aim.
- Pull down your lower eyelid to make a bigger target area.
- Hold the bottle from a height of about 2 inches over the side of the eye your nose is on and gently tip it over, letting gravity deliver one drop. Do not squeeze unless necessary.
- Once the drop hits, release the lid and close your eye for 60 seconds. Try not to blink.
- To minimize side effects and irritation, squeeze hard on the side of your nose near the inner corner of your eye. That helps keep the medication out of your tear ducts and nose. Also blot off any medication that falls on surrounding skin.
- If you need to apply more than one type of drop, wait at least 2-5 minutes so the second drop does not wash the first one away.
Donate to Glaucoma Disease Research
Your gift can help lead to treatments and a cure to end glaucoma. Fund the latest, promising research and help provide valuable information to families living with this disease.
Don't miss out
Receive Glaucoma Disease breakthrough news, research updates, and inspiring stories.