BrightFocus Foundation may choose to maintain blogs and message boards for users seeking to share experiences, knowledge and helpful information related to Alzheimer's disease, macular degeneration and glaucoma. The blogs and message boards are not intended for the purposes of obtaining or rendering medical advice. To obtain medical advice, you should consult a physician. BrightFocus does not endorse any medication, product, equipment or treatment discussed on the blogs and message boards.
We encourage an open and honest exchange of ideas and expect all users of the blogs and message boards to respect the rights of others. By using the blogs and message boards, you agree to abide by the following rules, guidelines, and policies (collectively “Policies”) If you do not wish to abide by the Policies, immediately cease use of the blogs and message boards. Your continued use of this blogs and message boards constitutes your acceptance of the Policies.
- Practice civility and courtesies in your communications. Although disagreements may arise from time to time, be respectful of your fellow BrightFocus blog and message board participants.
- Exercise caution when posting personal information on the BrightFocus blogs and message boards. These messages can be viewed by the general public. If you choose to post any personal information, you do so at your own risk. BrightFocus shall have no liability whatsoever of any kind attributable to your posting of personal information or your posting of personal information of others.
- Do not post anything illegal, defamatory, false, inaccurate, abusive, harmful, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, overtly offensive, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise objectionable on the BrightFocus blogs and message boards. BrightFocus reserves the right at its discretion to determine whether any posting is in violation hereof and to prohibit your access to the blogs and message boards as a result.
- You agree to be solely responsible for any claim based on your message(s).
- You agree to hold harmless and defend BrightFocus in the event of any claim based, arising out of or attributable to a message posted on the BrightFocus blogs and message boards by you.
- Do not spam. You agree to not post messages that advertise or promote the buying, selling or trading of any product, service or item.
- You agree to not post messages containing personal advertisements, such as want ads, personal items or events.
BrightFocus expressly reserves the right to suspend blog and message board privileges of anyone who violates the Policies. BrightFocus expressly reserves the right to remove any posting that violates the Policies. Messages on the blogs and message boards are monitored and will be manually removed as soon as possible if deemed by BrightFocus to be in violation of the Policies.
Posted messages contain the views of the author only and do not reflect the opinions of BrightFocus.
If you have any questions about the Blog/Message Board Policy or to report problems or offensive posts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that BrightFocus can take appropriate action.
Messages remain on the boards and are not archived. In the future, the number of messages that remain on the board may be adjusted, depending on the number of posted messages at any one time and their relevancy.