To start a new application and upload attachments, you must use our SmartSimple application portal to apply online.
How to Apply
- You will need to register your organization. Upon doing so, a system-defined password will be emailed to you, along with a link to the BrightFocus' SmartSimple application portal (http://brightfocus.smartsimple.us).
- Next, you will need to change the system-defined password to one of your own choosing.
- Once you create and submit the new password, you will be taken to the application portal where you will be given step-by-step instructions on how to proceed with the application process.
Note: If you have issues accessing or navigating BrightFocus’ SmartSimple application portal using Microsoft Internet Explorer, then switch to another web browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Attachments are required and must be submitted through the application portal. The final page of the attachment templates should be signed and returned to BrightFocus as specified in the instructions. We do not require signatures to be submitted by the deadline; however, you must submit the signature pages to BrightFocus within two weeks of the application deadline.
In addition, use the table below to make sure that you are using forms appropriate to the current fiscal year. See forms listed below the table.
|Fiscal Year||Proposal Deadline Calendar Year||Funded Award Start Date|
|FY10||2009||April 1, 2010|
|FY11||2010||July 1, 2011|
|FY12||2011||July 1, 2012|
|FY13||2012||July 1, 2013|
|FY14||2013||July 1, 2014|
|FY15||2014||July 1, 2015|
|FY16||2015||July 1, 2016|
- ADR Award Application Instructions
- MDR and NGR Award Application Instructions
- MDR Letter of Intent Guidelines
- MDR Letter of Intent Template
- BrightFocus Research Proposal Document
Post-submission Edits and Corrections
You should save your proposal in DRAFT status until you have made all necessary edits and corrections. Once you SUBMIT, the proposal may no longer be changed. BrightFocus does not accept supplementary data following submission. The only edits allowable following submission are changes to administrative information, such as email addresses and telephone numbers.
Submission of progress reports related to current award should be made to http://brightfocus.smartsimple.us. For more information on progress report submission, please refer to our current awardees section.
If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact a representative of the Research Grants office by telephone at 800-437-2423 or email email@example.com.