Join the Team
We at the BrightFocus Foundation are committed to our ongoing mission of helping those affected by Alzheimer's disease, age-related macular degeneration and glaucoma. We offer support and assistance to people with these diseases, as well as the loved ones caring for them. We are also dedicated to raising public awareness and the search for a cure.
Our team members bring a wide variety of talent and skills to the organization. If you seek a fulfilling career that directly affects peoples' lives, BrightFocus is the right place for you.
Current Employment Opportunities
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Supervisor: Creative Manager
Date: December 2014
BrightFocus Foundation is a nonprofit organization supporting research and providing public education to help eradicate brain and eye diseases, including Alzheimer's disease, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. For 40 years we have raised and contributed private funds to underwrite work by scientists and scientific institutions across the United States and abroad. Headquartered in northern Montgomery County, MD, with a staff of over 40 professionals, we are working to save mind and sight.
The Communications Coordinator will be part of the eight-member BrightFocus Public Affairs team that aims to raise BrightFocus’ national profile, support its fundraising and grant making, and put the organization on a path to influence policy and collaborate with others in the fight to conquer diseases affecting mind and sight. More specifically, this position will coordinate and assist with publications, web and social media, and marketing and promotions.
- Coordinate the creation and updating of BrightFocus publications, serving as liaison between BrightFocus internal departments and outside vendors.
- Maintain digital source files and inventories.
- Update website and schedule posts on social media platforms.
- Maintain news media databases and disseminate press releases
- Coordinate the design and production of BrightFocus-branded products and promotional items
- Assist with logistics and promotion of conferences and events.
- Maintain monthly data reports.
- Coordinate the creation and production of Annual Report, supporting the efforts of writers and designers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ability to coordinate and monitor multiple projects simultaneously. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Proven ability to anticipate and identify project delays or changes and suggest next steps.
- Comfort and confidence in communicating in a timely, concise manner with people at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 or more years of relevant experience.
BrightFocus Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome interest and applications from people of color, people with disabilities and from LGBT communities.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Last Review: 08/08/14